Authenta Tech Solutions – a Cybersecurity and IT-based consulting firm that specializes in providing security solutions to federal, state, local, and commercial customers nationwide – is hiring a full-time ISSO.
Authenta Tech Solutions is a certified woman-owned, small business that provides full-scope cyber security solutions customized to your organization. With a team of highly trained IT professionals, we hold major industry standard certifications and designations to match our many years of experience. Providing top-quality service is important to us and we prioritize you always. We are on the frontier of using cybersecurity technologies to secure mission platforms and with your organization’s information security and compliance in mind, we utilize our customized processes to align your business operations and governance processes. Our goal is to ensure that your organization’s information system is secure, is compliant with regulatory standards and stays compliant.
Seeking a security professional with experience performing FISMA compliance for the federal government. The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is responsible for Security Authorization activities for Marcelle’s client in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800 series. A successful candidate will manage tasks related to the planning and preparation for security documentation related to the system authorization process. The individual should have a strong background in NIST 800-37, Risk Management Framework and NIST 800-53 security controls.
- Develop and update the information systems security documentation (Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Business Impact Analysis, FIPS-199, eAuthentication, Privacy Threshold Analysis, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Nessus, Fortify, Twistlock, DBProtect, and WebInspect vulnerability scanners.
- Ensure systems are appropriately patched and hardened.
- Coordinate the remediation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) findings with various groups.
- Facilitate and support the Ongoing Authorization Program.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Conduct Information System Security Officer responsibilities to include the approval of change request, the review of audit logs, the review of system accounts, and the analysis of vulnerability scans.
- Develop waivers & exceptions for information system vulnerabilities.
- Work with the clients to develop capabilities briefings and presentations.
- Provide security recommendations to the Risk Management Branch Chief.
- Ability to commute/relocate: Suitland, MD 20746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain a Federal agency-specific clearance prior to starting
- CISSP, Security+, ISSAP, ISSEP CEH, CISM, CISA(preferred)
Education/Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5-8 years of experience in the field of information security
- Knowledge of security tools, security architecture, and NIST security standards and compliance measurements
- Experience in the application of FISMA guidelines including the NIST special publications 800-18, 800-30, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, and 800-60
- Understanding of the NIST Supplemental guidance for Ongoing Authorization
- Strong writing and communication skills
Salary: $79,714.28 – $135,000.00 per year
AUTHENTA TECH SOLUTIONS COMPANY BENEFITS
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Top-of-the-line medical and situational benefit package
- 15 days of personal leave plus federal holidays.
- Professional development and training.
Authenta Tech Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.